Prep Your Home for Listing Photos
There are a few basic things you can do to prepare your home for listing photos. The more of these suggestions you are able to complete the easier my job will be and the photos of your home will look even better.
- Close garage doors
- Remove cars from driveway and front of home
- Remove empty planters
- Remove visible water hoses
- Remove toys, sports balls, basketball goals, soccer goals, etc.
- Remove trash cans
- Arrange outdoor furniture
- Clear countertops completely. Remove knife blocks, kitchen supplies, mail, etc.
- Leave out max of one or two small appliance (ex. coffee maker, toaster)
- Remove magnets, photos, and paper from the refrigerator.
- Put garbage cans in a closet or garage
- Remove dishes from sink
- Remove stacks of magazines, papers, mail, etc.
- De-clutter fireplace mantel/hearth (no more than 4 or 5 items, including art)
- Remove kid's toys
- Make beds, including decorative pillows/shams if available
- Clear nightstands
- Put away phone/tablet charging cables
- Clear the top of dressers
- Remove or push items under the bed that may show in the photos
- Clean mirrors
- Clear countertops completely.
- Put toilet seats down
- Remove shampoo, soap, loofahs, etc. from showers and tubs
- Remove dirty towels - leave out only new or unused towels